The health, safety and wellbeing of every participant is our absolute priority as we deliver our outstanding camp program. The facility and coaching areas will be prepared in advance to ensure a safe learning environment. All staff who will interact with players will be trained on safety best practices and on what to do in the event of an emergency following relevant risk assessments. The coaching staff will also continuously remind campers of safety practices.
At Practice Facilities
Designated “safety areas” at least 6 feet apart will be created for players.
- Only one player within each 6 feet area.
- Players will never allowed to swing a club outside of their ‘safety area’
- Players must never swing a club toward anyone.
- When the coach tells everyone to stop hitting, players must listen to prevent any kind of injury.
On the Golf Course:
- Bags or trolleys must never be placed on the tee box between markers or on the putting surface.
- Players must wait for the group in front of them until they move forward to a safe distance.
- Players must shout “FORE” if the ball they just hit is moving in the direction towards a person or group of people.
- If there is a threat of lightning in the area, campers will not hide under tall trees, or stand in open fields. Quickly and safely, coaches will start bringing everyone back to the clubhouse or designated safety area. An action plan will be created in advance for specific safety procedures and how to transport children in from the golf course.
- Players will be reminded to be careful of wildlife, insects and plant life on the golf course, and to obey all warning signs.
- Campers will made aware that if they are not sure about a situation on the golf course or practice facility or are unclear about the safety rules, they should ask a coach or another player for help.
- Coaches will possess parent/guardian contact at all times and notify the parent/guardian in the event of an emergency that involves their child.
COVID-19 Supplementary Guidelines
We are all fortunate that golf is a sport that was the first to return post-lockdown and that it is played in small groups, where participants can naturally maintain social distancing guidelines. We are hoping that things are very much back to normal by the start of the SchoolGolf Camps and tournaments, but we are working with our coaches and partner facilities to enforce the following safety measures and guidelines:
- Check in at designated registration area(s) one players at a time, maintaining a minimum of 2 metres between players.
- Players will be reminded to wash or sanitize their hands before each camp session using the materials provided.
- There will be no sharing of equipment. Players’ personal equipment must be cleaned and sanitized prior to arrival at camp.
- If equipment is provided by the facility, it will be cleaned and sanitized before and after every player’s use.
During Coaching and Play
- Players to maintain a distance of 2m between players at all times.
- Players will be reminded to wash their hands or use hand sanitizer every 60 minutes during the camp session.
- Players will be reminded to avoid touching their eyes, nose and mouth at all times.
- Players must not share equipment (this includes all clubs, balls, tees, ball markers and gloves).
- Players will be putting with the flagstick/putting green flag in the hole at all times.
- Players will be asked to forego traditional celebrations of handshakes and high fives.